Sunday, July 15, 2007

Sandy - My 1st love

Ppl bfore u get any crazy ideas let me tell u sandy was my dog's name n bfore u further go crazier by thinkin i m 1 of those few ppl who hav sexual relations or marry a being of another specie................ let me tell i m no such weirdo . sandy was this beautiful labrador which my dad actually got as a gift 4m his vet frnd cuz she knew v were lookin 4 a dog.............. it was 1 of d most beautiful dogs i ve ever seen ( n blive me i m not bein partial or anythin cuz he was mine) he had this delicte golden-brown fur, pretty thick actually considerin labs r not very hairy, makin d doc assume he was a cross b/w a lab n a golden retriever, lovely , beautiful silver-grey eyes, remindin me of franki muniz's eyes n amazingly energetic. He was a perfectly healthy dog n we had given him all d shots v had 2, he was a healthy eater n slightly lazy( but c'mon who can blame him he was related 2 me). He was amazingly popular wid everyone in d neighbourhood n everyone 4m d milk walla 2 d poo-karee used 2 pet him every mornin, of course this made him useless as a guard dog considerin his overtly friendly nature but more than a guardian he was a dear friend 2 all.Sadly however 1 night he fell seriously ill, v called d vet who said v should come n meet him d 1st thin in d mornin, sandy hence suffered all night n week took him 2 d vet d nxt day he asked us 2 rush him immediately 2 d hospital cuz he suspected dat it had ingested some sorta foreign material......... my mom @ this pt asked d vet if there was some sorta threat 2 his life........ he cud'nt make any promises but assured us dat if v hurried things wud b ok............... v immediately rushed him 2 d hospital but sadly he passed away on d way itself.... it was my 1st experiance wid loss, of course now i hav learnt 2 accept it however i m unsure whether me n my family will ever gather enough courage 2 keep a dog again................. sandy was a lovable an a loyal pet but sadly his life was so untimely cut short, however in wat little time he did spend wid us he brightened our lives immensely n i m thankful 4 dat..............

4 comments:

untapped said...

I remember the way u always talked abt ur dog and the day i walked into class that day... on that unfortunate day


p.s-(good posts but try to keep the dots on a low)

deepika said...

yeah dats my way indicatin dat i m pausin.............. but adi i owe u lot u know u were 1 d few ppl who really helped me get thru dat unfortunate phase in my life. thanx

untapped said...

ur welcome.. for u anytime

Unknown said...

We used to have a cross between an alsatian and a tibetan-terrier. It was my pride.
I can empathise.